Wednesday, May 30

Curing our Bird Blindness



They are not the only ones in space, I promise.

Keeping our eyes wide open makes us see what it has to offer.

Often we leave things behind, without noticing what is already in existent.

This malady does not count selective symptoms; more of an antidote to cure our impaired vision.


Bird blindness, in simple terms.


After I went birdwatching 4 years ago, everything has excitingly changed. It has something to do with what exactly has opened my eyes, my mind and my heart. One intern for a national newspaper asked me during a guided trip at Nuvali last Wednesday, ‘What fulfilment do you get from this?’ said he nodding. I answered back, but it was pure mumble. I realized I wasn’t able to justify what I truly experience.

Now, what is apparent is that we do not see everything as clear as our perception.

I became aware of everything that moves. Every single creature that hovers never misses my ADD-stricken senses. What comes after consciousness is understanding.  It’s this habit that will make you realize nature has good offerings. Essentially, first-hand encounter gives the consequent effect: appreciation.

Then now, it’s rewarding getting acquainted with each and every species, knowing new friends and helping cure this absurd ailment of humankind.


No comments:

Post a Comment